Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Cards



This is one of the cards we made at my stamping party over the weekend. Both stamp sets (Fishy Friends and Simply Circles) are retiring this year from the catalog. Fishy Friends is one of my favorite sets. Glitter is my best friend; this fish is completely covered in glitter. Ha!


This is another card we made at my stamping party, but this is without the linen thread I had included with another card. The Pines set is also retiring. It's a popular stamp set here in Alaska. The technique I used for this one is called Polished Stone. Directions: 1. Put rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball. 2. Add 2 drops of 2-3 different color re-inkers onto the alcohol that's on the cotton ball. 3. Dab cotton ball on glossy white paper until you get the look you want and let dry. *You can also use a metallic re-inker such as the StazOn colors from Stampin' Up! for a real neat look.



This looks like I got out the handy-dandy sewing machine, but I didn't. *gasp* Ha! This is an example using faux sewing. I poked holes and drew lines along the holes with a white gel pen to make it look like white thread. You can do this with all sorts of colors.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: