Wednesday, January 2, 2008

What to do?

The Memory Works November Express Kit has some beautiful pages and embellishments in it. I had ideas of what I wanted to do, but when I actually put the pictures with the paper, it wasn't working like I thought it would. So...


...this is the picture I wanted to put with this paper. Yes, it's calendar paper, but it's really cool paper I was going to use even though it's not for a calendar. Ha! I LOVE the flower that came with this kit! I really wanted to use it, but not for second-best. This is a picture of a few things together that I was thinking of.

DON'T SETTLE FOR SECOND BEST!

If you are not totally satisfied with something you are working on, take a little breather and come back later. I have a lot of "perfectionist" ways about me, but scrapbooking is one of the few outlets I allow myself to go "wild" in and not worry about it being perfect. But...when a page isn't working out like I like it too, I still get a little perturbed. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't do anything because it isn't turning out the way I would like. I'll have my favorite pages, my "ok" pages, and then the pages I'll look back at later and think, "Why did I do that?"

Today I took some time to sit back and look through ideas until I felt like I was ready to get back to more fun.


This page isn't totally finished yet. I am on the lookout for some cool letters to spell out "sister" for the top right corner. I'll show this page again when it's complete.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: