Friday, February 15, 2008

For Crying Out Loud!

I like that title! Ha!

So tonight I had a revelation about why I was in the scrapbooking slump. Basically what I think happened was that I felt like I was trapped in some scrapbooking "box". The box that has labels on the side such as:

You must put more than one picture on each page!
You must conserve your paper and supplies!
Be careful what pictures you scrapbook, because you may run out of pictures! (Ha!)
I felt this way when doing "Fun In the Sun". I felt like I had to shove as many pictures of that moment in time onto one page.
There is nothing wrong with scrapbooking just one picture. And there's also nothing wrong with scrapbooking a collage of pictures. I want to encourage all who read this and even myself to do what YOU like! If you don't do what you like, you will not be satisfied. That goes with any hobby and a lot of things in life.
So what am I going to do?
*I'm going to scrapbook one picture on a page whenever I feel like it, even if I end up with 20 albums each year.
*I'm going to waste paper (ha!).
*I'm going to use up all of my supplies and buy more (with money saved of course).
*I'm going to use glitter and LOTS of it! (that's just an extra--just for fun!)
Come on, go scrapbook the way YOU like to!

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I LOVE this blog. Yes, yes, a thousand time yes!! I agree with all of it. Make it yours!

Love you.