Monday, September 15, 2008

Digital Prints

I have all of my digital scrapbook pages printed at Good Life Photo. They do a super awesome job! I find that their price for printing 12x12 is in the middle of the road at $3.30 each. The price is TOTALLY worth it!! I have had pages printed at another place for $2.00, but the quality wasn't as great. I uploaded my pages to their site to be printed Thursday (afternoon) and I received them in the mail (in Alaska) on Monday morning (they are located in Nevada). For those of you who live locally or in Alaska, this is pretty amazing service. Anyway, I wanted to share some pictures I took of the printed pages.


These are all of the pages I had printed in this order, which is 21 prints. You will recognize some of them as I have posted many of these.


3 pages upclose


This is the Hoover Dam page up close...don't you just want to touch that picture that's coming "up" on the page? Because of putting drop shadows on all of the pictures and elements on my digital pages, these look 3-d when they are printed. I even fool myself sometimes and want to touch and feel dimension. It's great!

Recently someone asked me if I find satisfaction from doing digital scrapbooking. It was asked with doubt, like I would have said, "Yeah, it's such a bummer!" Haha! But I would have to say that I find even MORE satisfaction from digital scrapbooking than I do traditional. There is something so exciting about having your finished project on the computer and there's this super huge thrill of getting your printed work in the mail. Now, I totally recommend having your digital pages printed. To not print them (to me) is totally going against the whole point of me scrapbooking digitally in the first place. I waste SO much paper and stuff with traditional scrapbooking. There are pros and cons with both of course, but I definitely find great satisfaction from digital scrapbooking!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: