Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quilt-like Card

One of the things I like about card-making is that you can make a card especially for someone. I love doing this! Of course, it's nice to have cards on hand, but then they aren't always as personal. What I do is I'll think of someone I want to make a card for, and then I pick out colors they may like, or stamps, or themes, or whatever. It becomes a little gift for them. I keep ALL of the homemade cards people send me.

This was a card I made for my beautician. She's retiring next month and today I'm getting my hair highlighted. It will be my last appointment with her. It makes me sad! She's a quilter...very much so...so I made this card for her. I even sewed some of the "squares" on.



P.S. This is the new Basic Grey "Offbeat" paper. I'm lovin' it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: