Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Post


Hybrid page: The scallop square and everything inside of it was all done digitally, except for the date and flowers. After I printed it (8x8) and cut it out, I took out a stack of patterned paper and went through them to find pages that would match. Then I outlined the scalloped edge with a Chocolate Chip marker to make it stand out on the page. At one point I thought about just leaving the 8x8 alone and not having it on a background paper, but I realized that defeated my whole point.

I have a hard time finding the same satisfaction that I find with digital when I look at a finished traditional page. This may sound funny, but I didn't really *like* this page until I saw it on the computer screen after I had uploaded the pictures.

I love how these flower pop off the page. I should try this effect with digital sometime.


The other night I was looking through the October issue of Creating Keepsakes and I saw a page that I believe Jennifer Pebbles did. I thought it was so neat, and then I read how she did it...and then I just had to try it. I glued chipboard to cardstock and painted over the entire thing with brown acrylic paint. I think I'll be doing more of this in the future. It was so fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: