Monday, November 17, 2008

Isaac Book Part 1

I have 2 precious nephews, but I don't get to see them very often because of the large distance between us. I live in Alaska, and they live in North Carolina. I've met my nephew Isaac once and oh, what joy that was! He's absolutely so precious, wonderful, and cute! I have never met Samuel, Isaac's brother, as he was born in the beginning of October. I hope to meet him soon!

So, with the distance, it's so hard to get to get to know one another. I was feeling sad about it and then thought, "Why not do what I can do about it?" It was at that time I decided I would make Isaac a book talking about Quent and I.

I wanted to make this a book that was as toddler-proof as possible, but also something Isaac (age 2) could touch and feel.


The book cover and back cover is a white acrylic album I bought from www.scrapbook.com. I used this digital kit to create most of the pages in the book. I printed all of the pages with my printer.


I took 8-1/2 x 11 page protectors, put the pages into them, and sewed and cut around the plastic. It was fun making my own page protectors. I figured it was a good way to keep it toddler-proof.


I used glue to adhere most of the stickers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: