Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Live Your Style

Do you ever just have something in your heart/mind that you just feel like you need to get out in the open? That's what I feel like today. So here I go...

I often hear people talking about how they want to do something, but they are afraid to do it because of fearing what others will think about them or what others will do to them. I hear this a lot and each time I'm amazed that there are others out there who deal with similar things. So many are living their life trying to constantly please other people, but they never take the time to really do what they want. I see so many (myself included) comparing themselves with others and thinking they are "all right" if they are just like the next person. We feel safe in groups, but we are afraid to step out on our own. We are afraid to be the odd one out.

This morning I was thinking about all of this and the phrase "live your style" kept on popping up in my mind. It also made me think of the word "lifestyle". What is your style? Are you LIVING your style?

Yesterday when I was working on that Jessica Sprague assignment I was basically doing everything she said because it was a class, but on my own I would have done a lot of things differently. I thought it was neat that she has her style and that I have my own style. God didn't take out the same cookie cutter and use it on everyone...we are all different. We all have a different style. And it's neat that we can look at other people's styles and learn from them. Jessica Sprague has her own style, and because of that I was able to learn new techniques and ways of working in Photoshop. But I didn't feel that I needed to be just like her and create each layout looking like hers for the rest of my life. I still have to be true to myself and live my style.

Why are we so afraid to live our style and to be ourselves? Why are we afraid of floating dust bunnies when company is over? Or caked dust on a shelf? Why do we feel we have to be less or more of ourselves? This is life, not a play or movie where we are acting out a part. Why are we so afraid to just BE ourselves?

When I hear others talking about what they want to do, but they are afraid of what others will think, I just want to say to them, "So what! Just do it! Don't worry about what others say or think. You have to be you!" So many are wasting time worrying instead of just loving and enjoying their lives.

Don't be afraid to be the odd one out. The people in history who really stand out are the ones who were the odd ones out. Just think about some of those people in history. It's amazing!

Don't be afraid to do something no one else is doing. If everyone around you is making cards and you would rather make a scrapbook page, make the page!! Ha!

Live your style. Be you! It's the best person you can be!

No comments: