Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One more thing...

In continuation to what I was saying in the previous post, I wanted to add one more thing:

You don't always have to be the "odd one out". Let's say Person A likes something Person B does (like a scrapbooking technique). It's perfectly ok if Person A is inspired by Person B and creates something similar using that technique. Person A doesn't have to look at something Person B did and think, "Oh, I like that, but I don't want them to think I'm copying them." They can just simply BE themselves. The importance is being yourself! For example, when I look at something on Ali Edwards' blog that I like and want to try to create something similar, it doesn't mean I've stopped being myself. It means that I have found something *I* like and was inspired by it; I'm still being me. Now, if I was looking at something and thinking that if I only create what someone else has created in order to be important or have it be "perfect", then I'm stepping into dangerous territory of comparison.

No comments: