Friday, April 24, 2009

Family pages


This page was so much fun! I wanted to sew fabric butterflies that I cut out with my Big Shot onto fabric and use it for a page. The butterflies are made out of some fabric by Amy Butler. When I saw this picture of me as a baby with my grandpa I thought it would be perfect for what I wanted to do for this page. It's a soft picture. The quality isn't the greatest, but it works for me.


I actually used the sewing machine for fabric! Whoohoo! I had the speed set at the lowest turtle and I slowly sewed around these butterflies.


And I was SO excited to see that rub-ons will stick to the fabric. *cheering* 'Grandpa' is some rub-ons from a Making Memories (I think) pack of rub-ons I recently purchased from our local scrapbook store. They were too cute to pass up! They have bunnies, chicks, and spring colors! I think I'll have to do an Easter page with childhood pictures soon.


This was the page I mentioned before that I had ready for pictures, but I hadn't found the perfect pictures for it yet. This was another page inspired by Elizabeth Kartchner, but again, it doesn't look anything like it. Sometimes I just have to have an idea to spark creativity. Those felt letters gave me a hard time again, but I really do like them! The 'M' is distorted a bit. Oops!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love these pages! I love the colors and how they're bright and cheery yet soft and subtle. They have a delicate and classic look.. they really seem to capture the preciousness of those moments! I soo wish I had ink for my printer and pretty material! I want to do some hybrid! And you're pages and cards always inspire me! I love you girl!