Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Enjoy the journey, even if it's not in chronologial order...

Recently I read something about scrapbooking that got my attention. The author was saying how she doesn't scrapbook in chronological order, but just scrapbooks what she feels like scrapbooking. She said she also only scrapbooks the pictures that mean the most to her. She said she doesn't want her children to haul away boxes of scrapbooks because she had to scrapbook each and every picture taken. I had to laugh when I read that because I can totally see myself having rooms full of scrapbooks of my children someday.

I used to think that I had to scrapbook pictures in order. It depends on what I'm working on, but I've pretty much let that thought go. Once I let that idea go, I felt free to scrapbook in any order, and scrapbooking became even more fun! I am a person who likes to have a plan...for as many things as possible. Because scrapbooking is a hobby and something I do to relax and enjoy life, I'm so thankful I let go of the pressure to scrapbook in chronologial order.

An amazing product that helps with not scrapbooking in chronological order is ring-albums. That way you can pop in a page at any time.

Scrapbooking shouldn't be a task we check off our list. It should be something we enjoy.

Sometimes I'll have a set of pictures I want to scrapbook, but I'm having a hard time with a layout. So I'll just save or set aside the page until later and then start working on something else. And then later when I go back to the page it's like starting fresh and it's more enjoyable.

No comments: