Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Coldfoot

Coldfoot, Alaska
Don't blink or you just might miss it!



This is a digi page. It's simple, composed mostly of pictures.

Last night I was talking with Quent about my scrapbooking style. I was telling him that I love looking at other people's pages for ideas, but lately when I try to 'imi-make' their template, I end up not liking what I have created. He shared something with me and I realized something...I've truly found my style. I'm only satisfied with a page when it has my 'fingerprints' on it. I love looking at ideas on blogs, the Creating Keepsakes magazine, and other such places, but if I don't stay true to my own unique style, then I won't like what I create. Isn't that interesting? When I first started scrapbooking, I felt like I couldn't even cut paper without having a page idea in front of me. And I still have times like that. Most of the time now I look at ideas to get inspired. I glean from those ideas that fit more of my style.

I just love looking at what others have created. It makes my heart happy! It doesn't matter what it is, I just love looking. I love seeing people grow in their creativity. It's amazing!

I think it's neat how we can look at a picture of someone's page and know right away who the designer was. When I look through Creating Keepsakes, I'll see pages and I'll think, "That must be Ali's page." And sure enough, the designer is Ali Edwards. Everyone has their style and it's SO neat!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelley Eubanks said...

That is a great page Christina! I love the orange! :-)