Thursday, June 25, 2009

The End

I [think] I have finished scrapbooking the pictures of our 2008 Alaskan vacation!! There will be 53 pages total in the album. Now I just have to save up some $$ and have these pages printed. In the mean time I'm going to save them to our external hard drive. I'm really excited about this accomplishment! I am going to go back through the pages and make sure I have all of the journaling included. Before I even started scrapbooking this trip I had typed all of the journaling out. And I'm so glad I switched gears from my original plan of how I was going to scrapbook these pictures. Whew!


You know those pictures that we all take that aren't that important, but they do fill in the blanks to the story? This is a page of some of those pictures. I had journaling that I needed to put somewhere, and I wanted to include some of these pictures to fill in the blanks of our trip. I got this idea from a page I saw in the April Creating Keepsakes magazine by Ali Edwards.


I still think this page is missing something, but it's finished!


This was the very first complete page that I created for this trip. I created it for a submission that CK was asking for. It was for the July issue using one of Becky Higgins' sketches. It wasn't published (sad face), so now I can post it. I thought about re-scrapping these pictures, but nah...


This is the last page I created for this trip. Texture is back!

So now, before I go any further with anymore creating I *should* journal the rest of our 2009 trip. I was thinking it would be good to do that before the rush of moving hits us. I don't remember if I've mentioned that yet on this blog, but we are moving to Ketchikan, Alaska, which is about 90 miles away from where we live now. The movers will be here at the end of July. It's coming soon!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

These are fantastic. I so need to get on my scrapbooking. I'm especially loving the one you did for CK! So cute.

Deb Rymer said...

Christina - I really love the first layout in your post - the clean, graphic layout and those white overlays. It turned out so great - I'm taking notes!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Your pages are great!! I seriously thought about you when I was cutting out that cloud to put on my card! ha..