Monday, June 8, 2009

Fabric Scrapbooking

I've been busy with some 'traditional' pages. By traditional I mean non-digital. Because maybe these aren't very traditional after all. I've been working more with fabric. Here's what I've been up to:


I apologize for not having a picture to show the full page. I was having a hard time getting a good picture of the full page and the one that did turn out halfway decent was blurry. Sigh. So I gave up on that and just decided to show what I did have. I had SO much fun with this page. One thing I love about traditional pages is making a mess. And I sure did that!! I love the techniques and being able to use some of the letters I've collected. I don't even know if I could tell you from start to finish what I did on this page. Maybe sometime I'll post about what it's like to make these kinds of pages.


The page is a picture of me on a swing at my grandparent's house. The page is titled "Grandma's Swing".


And...(heart going pitter patter) I got to play with some unprimed canvas. *squeal* My friend Katrina and her husband gave me some canvas. XOXO I'm SUPER duper excited!! I got the canvas yesterday (Katrina and Kirk...thank you!!) and I started playing with it last night. A funny thing about both pages I'm posting here is that I had to iron the fabric & canvas. To me, ironing is like mopping and staining the deck..."No thank you!" BUT for the love of scrapbooking, I ironed. Haha!

I have no idea what I'm actually supposed to do with the canvas. I've just been inspired by people like Donna Downey. So I just make it work. I wanted to use the Wisteria stamps by Basic Grey again and I could visualize them on the canvas. And I had just printed this picture of my brother and I on the silk, and I thought it was a perfect match for what I wanted to do. See the purple? Oh yeah!


After I get another canvas page finished I will somehow connect them together with some grommets. I plan on putting my canvas/fabric pages in my albums without page protectors. I want to touch and feel these pages!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

These pages are great! How did you cut your fabric? I guess with maybe just a die and a big shot type machine? I may have to start investing in fabric now... Thanks a lot! :-) Like I don't already spend enough money!! Ha...

Winter said...

I love the fabric page, I think I have one page with fabric on it, I need to make more though! Love the idea of making a page with canvas, so neat! Can't wait to see more you create! :)