Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Beautiful You

Last night I received an email from my friend Carrie about a song. The song is now #1 on my Playlist. It's an amazing song! I thought I would share it with you here. Let me know what you think.

Here's part of the song:

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you


This song brings tears to my eyes. This world (they) say you need to be a certain size, wear certain clothes, etc. to fit in or to be more beautiful. But it's a lie! We were made to be who we are, with our body shape and type. We were made on purpose to be ourselves! Let's be ourselves!

About a month ago I did an online search about the history of body image for women. What I found was really interesting. The thing that stood out to me the most is the comparison between the models of today and the holocaust victims. These models we see, these images we see in magazines or on online clothing sites are just as skinny as those starving holocaust victims. Just think of that... And these are the images that so many are tempted to look like or think they have to look like to be accepted. It's all wrong!

I hope you are encouraged by this song!

3 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is awesome! I needed this today! I tried on bathing suits and other clothes yesterday... it wasnt a pretty sight! Depressing!

Winter said...

Oh, I love that song, we listen to it all the time! I wanted to make a video for my daughter with all her pictures growing up and this was the song I wanted on it! :) It just has an amazing message to it!

Katrina said...

Great message in this song. Thank you. I am still learning to cherish myself like I cherish others!(you!)