Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spring has sprung!

It's kinda fun going back to scrapbook pages that were months and months ago. Right? Ha! I remember when I couldn't wait until spring came, and now it's back to school time! Wow!

This is a page I started a long time ago (probably in the late spring--maybe). I don't really enjoy scrapbooking green and red. I had a 2-page layout with these pictures just waiting to be finished. A couple of days ago I was looking through unfinished work and decided to pull all of the pictures onto one page and this is what came out:



When I'm not thrilled with a page I'm working on, I either delete it or come back to it later (in this case, MONTHS later). I like working like this. Instead of fretting over one page and thinking I absolutely have to scrap in chronological order, I have the freedom to just move on to something else. I enjoy working on all different kinds seasons and projects at one time. Around Christmas-time last year I was already tired of winter themed pages. Now they are more interesting to me. I say it's better just to go with the flow.

What I used:

Poppy Flowers & 'grass'
Wood Paper
Spring

Font: Oklahoma
Scallops: my design
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

So cute! I love the background and the flowers are gorgeous!

Winter said...

Cute! I like the wood background and those cute little flowers!

Janae:) said...

Love this page!! Its hard to use red and green without looking like christmas...and you did awsome!