Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Swing



I think I'll eventually journal on this page. These pictures were taken on one of our last walks together in Wrangell. Quent and I take a lot of walks together. One of our favorite places to walk is the Volunteer Loop. Next to the trail is the school. I guess I was feeling spunky this day and thought it would be fun to play on the school playground equipment. So to the swings we went! Can you believe I can actually get motion-sickness from swinging? Oh dear! I LOVED to swing when I was younger! The swing I am on in those pictures was really squeaky. It made me laugh and I told Quent it reminded me of when I was younger and my mom would bring WD-40 to the playground and she would oil the swings so they wouldn't squeak. She's hilarious like that! I had to tease her about that the other day. She was like, "I really did that?" Yup! Oh the memories!

Who knows, maybe I'll put all of that for my journaling on this page...sounds good to me!

I don't use gray a whole lot, but I like how it looks on this page. What do you think of the bird cage? It doesn't really fit the page, but I like it! It was part of the elements that came along with the Jessica Sprague photo editing class from House of 3.

Goodnight!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rebekah Smith said...

I LOVE IT!!!! The colors are amazing! I am really into gray and I love it on this page with the green!! No, the bird cage doesn't "go" with swinging, but it looks awesome anyway! I love the swirls too. It's just a totally beautiful page!!!! *sniff sniff* Do I smell scraplifting?? ;) Oh, and the journaling about your mom sounds perfect for this page! I love it when people tie in old stories with new pictures. I haven't done it yet, but it's cool to see people still doing something that they used to do as kids. YOU ROCK!

Rebekah Smith said...

Oh, and where did you get that dot stamp/brush? Love it! Have I said that enough yet? I can't wait to scrap again!!

Winter said...

Oh Christina! I think this is my favorite page that you have done! The pictures are wonderful, I think they really capture your Beauty inside and out! What a great memory of your Mom and the WD40, that would be great for the journaling! Beautiful page! :)

Jessica said...

I REALLY like this page!!! I agree with Bek!! Haha!!
I laughed when you mentioned about Mom using the WD-40, I can totally picture her doing something like that!!! Haha!

Katarina said...

What a beautiful scrapbook page, you are incredibly talented! You left me a comment on my blog asking about the Labels die, but I don't know how to get in touch with you to explain how I do it! I'll edit the post with the directions, this way everyone can see it, as you're not the first to ask, LOL. Thanks for the nice comment BTW!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is awesome! I love the pics and I think the birdcage totally goes with it! In fact... when I saw it... I thought it was clever... like you are a birdie swinging in your cage! I love it!!!