Saturday, November 14, 2009

Scrapbook Pictures Printing

Our printer is biting dust (*sniff*), and I needed to have something printed for a project I am doing for Little Dreamer, so I quickly uploaded some layouts to Scrapbook Pictures for printing. Ali Edwards talked about it on her blog once, and my friends Jessica and Carrie, had pages printed with them, too, so I thought I would try them out. I admit, I was hesitant because I really like Good Life Photo, but I wasn't really interested in paying their prices right now. The average amount per page at Scrapbook Pictures was $2.49, with some being $1.99. That's pretty good! I got the prints back today and I'm very impressed! I only had 7 pages printed with 3-4 different types of paper. I can't really tell the difference between the regular gloss and the high gloss, or the different mattes, but they look incredible!

I took some pictures of a few of the pages just to show the quality. I didn't have the greatest lighting, and I didn't want to do too much editing on the photos to take away from the look of the pages.


This is with the glossy paper. It looks great! The paper itself is very lightweight. There are no weird colors showing up.



This is using the matte paper. If you click on the image you can see the matte a lot better.


No weird colors here either! I say 'weird colors' because I've had pages printed and they had some funky coloring on them when you would look at them in certain kind of lighting. That's not showing up on these at all.

I like the glossy and the matte. I'm very pleased with the results!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Winter said...

Ok, you are really getting me interested in doing some digital layouts! I have to get PhotoShop or something, because I need a better quality photo editing program before I get started! I'll have to check that out!:)

Jessica said...

So glad you tried out Scrapbookpictures.com. They have GREAT quality printing.. I was a little hesitant to try them as well at first, b/c I really liked Good Life. But I am so happy I did try them!! They're prices are far better and they do a great job! I really like the glossy and matte as well. It is so fun getting your pages printed and then receiving them in physical form! :)

listgirl said...

I love ScrapbookPictures.com, that where I get my layouts printed too, for over a year now.