Friday, January 15, 2010

Valentine's Day cards

CARDS! Yes! Finally! But it's not what you think. I didn't stamp these. I just couldn't do it. Haha! When I saw that my friend Winter was having this amazing card drive for the kids at St. Jude, I knew I wanted to make a card or two. One night I set out to stamp some cards, but I just stared at my supplies and I felt lost. It was SO weird! Imagine yourself after stamping for years, being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for 4-1/2 years, and suddenly all of your stamping supplies feel foreign and just the idea of stamping is unfamiliar. It was almost like my hands didn't even know what to touch! I did stamp a few things and then I gave up on it and went to the computer and designed these cards fairly quickly. All of this seriously makes me wonder what's in the future for my stamping supplies! What I did for printing the cards was uploaded them to www.scrapbookpictures.com. They don't do double-sided printing, so when I got the prints in the mail I just cropped and adhered the card front to regular white cardstock.

Winter encouraged everyone to make cards that can be given to a boy or girl, so I stepped away from the traditional Valentine colors to orange, turquoise, white, and brown. Honestly, I think all Valentine's cards are kinda girly...


{credits}
Since I was making something digital, I thought I would create a card using products from Little Dreamer.


This is a card I used mostly my own designs on, except for the heart frames and of course the font (which is Fling).

I felt very honored to be making these cards! I hope you can join the card drive, too!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Winter said...

Oh Christina, I love these! WOW, no stamping was done?! They look amazing! Thank you so much for your help! :)

Katrina said...

I think your designs are fabulous! You are so talented when it comes to putting colors together.
Not to worry about the stamping thing...Your creativity is flowing freely!

Jessica said...

These are really cute! I'm still deciding what to do. If I want to try and stamp again! I want to, but then when it comes down to it, its hard for me to feel the "vibes" again. Ha!

Kelley Eubanks said...

These are AWESOME Christina! I love the color scheme that you went with!! Very cool!!