Thursday, February 4, 2010

Our House

I took these pictures and created this page today. Whoohoo! I haven't taken hardly any pictures this year. That's been the trend. Must be those dark winter months in the beginning of the year! Our grass is pretty green though! I don't think these pictures are *too* exciting, but I thought it would be fun to document where we are with our house right now. I forgot to add something in the journaling, but maybe I'll add it somewhere on another page someday: ever since moving to Ketchikan I feel like I've changed in how I decorate our home. I used to want everything to match perfectly, but now I don't care so much. Our kitchen has this bright red wall that the former owners painted. I kept on thinking that I would paint over it, but the other day Quent said he liked it. So I guess I'm ok with it if he is. I value his opinion. In the kitchen we have red walls, yellow counters, blue dishware, fruit decorated rugs on the floor...and I LOVE it! I just love all of the color being splashed together like that. Before I would have kinda freaked out. I feel so much more relaxed about it! And I also notice when I look through magazines where they show pictures of people's rooms in their home, I am attracted to the rooms with lots of different colors. I just love it!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty... the page and your house! :) I love color! I am trying to tone down a little now! Maybe taking the colors to a more neutral on the walls and adding the colors in accessories, etc! Love love love me some color! Makes me happy!!

Katrina said...

Thank you for sharing your home. I am happy that it is a home for you!
I am also happy that you are finding relaxation in your skin, home and art.

Winter said...

What a great page! I love all the stitching, is that digital or machine? It looks real! :) I LOVE your wood floors and that amazing deck! I use to freak out over something being out of place, but now, there's no time for that! :)