Sunday, September 12, 2010

I'm back!

Hello! I'm not even sure if I said I was leaving, but I'm back. The last month has been super busy for me. Now that we are back from our trip I'm hoping that things will slow down. For some reason I'm really looking forward to just relaxing with some good books this fall/winter.



So this is what I looked like the first week of September. Quent and I paddled down the Stikine River from Telegraph, British Columbia to Wrangell, Alaska (where we used to live) in a canoe. There were 9 of us in the group and it was a lot of fun! I think a lot of people were skeptical of me going on such a trip, but this was really my kind of adventure. And as I told the group, I believe this is just the beginning of my paddling "career". Yes, there were definitely parts of it that were out of my comfort zone, but I'm so glad I did it. There was a time I wanted to talk myself out of going on this trip because I was feeling nervous about some things, but then I told myself that I needed to just do it and not think about it too much. I guess it goes along with being self-disciplined and sticking with a committment I made when I agreed to go on this trip. A lot of people have asked me if I would go on this trip again, and I say yes! Ha! I also see a future digi-kit to compliment the pictures we took. I made sure I journaled each day so I would remember what I want to document on my future scrapbook pages.

I'm really hoping to get back to regular posting.

Have a great rest of your weekend!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Winter said...

I'm so proud of you for going even when you felt a little scared! I have some fears that I try to work on and reading your post sure inspires me! It sounds like you had an Amazing trip! :)