Thursday, October 14, 2010

Yarn: Next project

Hello! So...last night/this morning we had another big storm roll through. That's the third big storm this week!! That's not really normal, so it's been really strange. We are becoming accustomed to preparing for a power outage. Candles lit? (Check) Headlamp in pocket? (Check) Extra water in fridge? (Check) Computers shut down? (Check) Last night's forecast was calling for 90 mph gusts. That's INSANE!! I don't think it got that windy here, but I haven't heard the facts yet.

On Saturday I received an order from Jimmy Bean Wool. This is one of my new favorite yarn shops on the internet because they have lower prices and the shipping is cheap or free if you spend $75.00. And they don't charge an arm & leg for Alaska shipping. Whoohoo! I love love love this wool. When I saw the pattern and color samples, I knew I had to grab the very same colors. Orange and cream! Aren't they so yummy together? *smile*

The yarn brand is called Spud & Chloe by Blue Sky Alpacas. The orange yarn is called Sweater; the color is 'pollen'. The cream yarn is called Outer; the color is 'soapstone'. I'm about halfway through the project already.



Last Saturday morning I went to the local yarn shop to join the group of ladies who knit together there. I plan on doing that as much as possible. It really makes me miss Loretta, Katrina, and Nettie from Wrangell all the more. I miss our 'play dates' at the scrapbook store.

Well, this is all for now...until next time!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nettie said...

awwww I miss you tooo....

cool colors...

we are out of power for 20 hours

out the road past the mill may be for days....wind made a real mess out there I heard.

take care and batten down the hatches

Dahlia Co said...

I just bought some yarn the other day b/c I realized how much I miss knitting/crocheting :) I love that you also enjoy this craft as well...

Loretta said...

Boy do I miss hanging out with you as well. I missed Nettie's last get-together. Cool yarn.