Thursday, June 23, 2011

My name is...

I need a little pep-talk for myself today.

When I was little (ok, this is going to sound really dorky) and I would practice typing on my mom's computer, I would always type:


My name is Christina.


I was probably about 10 years old and this was before any typing classes in school. But today I think about that and I think about how yes, that is in fact my name. I am she. I am Christina. I'm not Barbara, Kristin, Samantha, or any other name.


Every once in awhile these little things come up in my mind, where maybe I feel threatened by the lies, "You are too much." or "You are not enough." But when it comes down to it, I am Christina and that's ENOUGH! I am me, with all of my quirks. I was made on purpose to be who I am. I was wonderfully made! (Psalm 139)


So I will rest in that truth today. And I hope you can rest in that truth, whatever name you are!

1 comment:

Gabi said...

great post, Christina.

Have you ever read about this project?: http://www.traceyclark.com/iamenough/ I love all the post there.

hope you are doing great and are ready for the baby to come!