Saturday, July 16, 2011

Quote, zero creativity, and books

"When we are no longer able to change a situation--we are challenged to change ourselves."


--Viktor E. Frankl, World War II holocaust survivor



I think the baby has stolen my creative juices. There is pretty much no desire to scrapbook or design right now. In fact, I have some projects I *have* to work on, but I really don't want to. But I have been knitting. I'm almost finished with some slippers I am knitting for myself. I've also been thinking about knitting some gifts. So at least I have that source of creativity flowing right now. Next week I am thinking about starting a quilt, but I think I still need a major dosage of motivation to even start on that. It's pathetic! Ha!

Another thing I've been doing a lot of lately is reading. The other day I started and finished one book in less than 6 hours! Wow! I don't think I've done that in years! The book is called Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza and it's about her story of surviving the Rwanda holocaust. It's a fascinating story!! I couldn't put it down! Another book I recently read is Robinson Crusoe, which I had heard of over the years, but had no idea what it was really all about. I really enjoyed that book! I'm now on the search for more books to read since I find myself needing to lay around a bit more these days. Any suggestions???


Five more weeks until my due date!!

2 comments:

Audiene said...

Have you read anything by Mark Twain? I read Tales of a Female Nomad awhile back and I really liked that.

Gabi said...

I wish I could read for more than 20 minutes in row, lol. But during the day there is no chance for me to do it. Enjoy the last few "free" days, Christina!!