Thursday, January 9, 2014

Quilt for Baby Boy

Today I wanted to share some pictures of the quilt I made for baby boy Smith (due March 18th).  I started and finished it in a week, which is record time for me.  I've been surprised at how much I've actually been enjoying sewing recently (I have other sewing projects going on).  Usually, I don't really enjoy sewing or find it to be relaxing, but I've certainly been enjoying myself.  And it seems like I only really sew when I'm pregnant.  Hmmm...
 
I love looking on Etsy for fabric.  I like it because I can find patterns I cannot find locally.  I found a shop on Etsy that had all of the fabric I wanted right there.  I was able to put it all in my online cart and make sure the colors matched.  I was very pleased when I received the fabric in the mail.  And I couldn't wait to get started!
 
This is the quilt folded once over the crib railing. I just did ties for the quilt...which is simple and easy...just takes a little bit of time.


The back side is minky fabric.   Super soft!


A little teddy bear from Grandma Smith! 


 
Quent helped me decide what color the binding should be.  Orange is always a favorite color in our house, so we went with that.  I love how it turned out!  The color just pops! 
 
I just LOVE this quilt!  And I can't wait to keep my baby warm with it!

No comments: