Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Inside look at Jeralyn's album

Hello!
 
Today I would like to take you on a little tour of Jeralyn's baby album.  I have it in a 12x12-inch D-ring We R Memory Keepers album (my favorite album to date).  It's her baby book.  I didn't want the traditional, fill-in-the blanks baby book.  It's a continuous work in progress and probably won't be complete until she's like 18 years old!  Ha!  Like for instance, I need to create a "milestones" sheet that I can write the dates in for (like her first tooth, first steps, etc.). 
 
At age 4, she already enjoys looking through her album.  The last time we looked through it, she was really impressed with the princess stickers I kept from the doctor's office with her weight/height written on them.
 
Let's take a look:
 
This is the first page(s).  I kept the guest sheet from a baby shower because it really meant a lot to me (for a lot of reasons). 


I have all sorts of things in the album.  On the left it's some stuff I kept from a surprise "mail" baby shower my friend Carrie put together for me.  On the right is the "birth certificate" that the hospital created. 

There are those princess stickers. *wink*  The thank you card and birth announcement I designed.  The tape they measured her with.  These are in the Project Life kind of pages with the pockets. 


And then there was some stuff I wanted to save, but there was nothing out there on the market (at the time) that would display these things, so I created my own pockets. 


I include a little bit of something from her birthday parties (sometimes).  Ultrasound photo.  Her first swim class evaluation.  And a scripture I wrote out on a card as we tried/waited for Jeralyn for 7 years.  These are special things--all that have a story or purpose. 


First hair cut locks that I saved. 

I found a free printable to record her teeth.

I have a few of her first drawings.


Project Life has these cool 12x12 pocket folders that I have put her first hats, head band, and the first program from her first ballet performance. 


And of course the weekly pages, all 52. 

Newspaper clippings of when she's been famous. 


Birthday scrapbook pages.

 
I have really enjoyed making and adding to her baby book/album.
 
So that's about it!  If it becomes too bulky I will probably have to take some things out or compile information.
 
Hope you enjoyed the tour!


1 comment:

Kate & Jeremy said...

This looks great Christina! So many memories :-)