Monday, August 4, 2008

Recipe Box

A few months ago I started redoing my recipe box. There is an example in the SU catalog that I wanted to copy. Since I already had a recipe box, I decided I would use it instead of buying a new one. I put Close to Cocoa paper around the exterior of it. It's not perfect, but I like it! I am really into brown right now. This doesn't even match my kitchen...but again, that's ok! This is something I could one day redo again. This box isn't completely finished as I have tabs to make and more recipes to type and print out. The hand-written recipes are being kept as keepsakes.


The chipboard letters were painted with a cream-colored acrylic paint. I love the Baroque Motif stamp behind the letters.


The blue checkers is the original design of the recipe box. I guess I could paint it, but we'll see. You can see the different colored cards in the box. I have everything color-coordinated. The recipes cards were created in Photoshop (that is a lot of typing!) and then printed out and adhered to 4x6 colored cardstock. The categories are separated by chipboard "cards" that will eventually have tabs on them with words like "Dessert". I'll post again when the project is completely finished.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: