Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Album Begins...

This summer we went on a vacation into the interior of Alaska. We took LOTS of pictures! I really want this album to have consistency throughout it, and I want the pictures to be the main display. This will be a separate 12x12 album, owning only the vacation pages. When I'm about to embark on such an album journey, I take time to really think about what I want to do. Sometimes "perfection" gets the best of me and I wait a little too long, but when I want it to be just right, I know I had better wait until I find what I'm looking for. I don't want to just make this album just to make it; I want to enjoy the whole process AND the complete album. I thought I would welcome you to my process...
This is the very first page of the album. It has LOTS of journaling. Weeks ago I typed out all of the journaling for our trip. I am now going through and editing what I wrote. I didn't want to scrap all of the pics and then shove journaling in at the end. So this time I'm starting with the journaling first. I really like that! I want to share the story, not just the pictures.

This is an example of one of the pages. I'll be adding more stuff to them later, like little word embellishments and such. I have set up a template so I can just set the pictures on my template and then click on "create clipping mask" and then all of the pictures melt into the rounded template.

This is going to be a 6x12 journal page. I'll probably end up sewing special page protectors for these, or I may see if I can find some already made page protectors. Because the main pages are mostly going to be pictures, and I didn't want to just shove the journaling in somewhere, I will have these pages next to the main page. I'm a visual person, so if I just read that I'd be confused...don't worry, one day I'll take a picture of what I really mean. Ha! I will be using the Ali Edwards font for all of the journaling; I want to be as consistent as possible.
I am SO excited about this scrapbook! Once I saw the paper and had my idea, everything started to click! The elements you see here are all digital. You can find them at Designer Digitals.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

FAbulous pages! Love your colours and design with the colour block style!