Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Project

Last night I started a project I have been putting off for a long time: scrapbooking Quent's trips & photography. I scrapbook a lot of the pictures he takes, but the pictures I have been putting off are pictures that seriously intimidate me. I used to shy away from scrapping nature/scenic photos, but now I'm getting the hang of 'how' to scrap them. I think I've finally found a groove I'm comfortable in, so it is time to start another project.



I love how his photography and my scrapbooking work together in harmony. It's really fun to compliment one another's work like that. What intimidated me about this project is that I didn't want to take anything away from the photos because the photos by themselves are AMAZING! I asked Quent if he would like a photobook from Shutterfly with photos in it, and he said yes. I asked him if he would like me to use their templates or create my own. He said he wanted me to design the pages. And um, he said that like 2 years ago. *biting fingernails*

Another thing that scared me is the amount of pictures. There are lots and lots and lots and LOTS of his pictures to be scrapped. It feels overwhelming. So for starters, I'm starting with 2009 pictures.

Here's what I am doing:

1. Pulling pictures onto pages, resizing, and moving them around until they are in 'perfect' spots. Last night I did this for 15 pages. It was actually quite relaxing!

2. Picking out colors that compliment the pictures and starting to put the layouts together.

3. Including the journaling. I do this sometimes before I pull colors or add anything else to the page. Quent blogs his pictures, so I have just been pulling the journaling from the blog to the pages. That works SO nicely!

This system seems to be working well for me. Quent likes things more clean & simple, so I'm trying to honor that as much as possible.

My goal is to put all of 2009 pictures/layouts into one photobook.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Quent Loves you and is your #1 fan! He will appreciate your work and creativity...You both Rock and the book WILL be Amazing!

Winter said...

WOW, the page looks great as i'm sure the others do too! I know what you mean about, overwhelmed with so many photos! I have so many of the kids that I need to be scraping! Maybe going digital would help! :)

Rebekah Smith said...

These pages look incredible and I know the whole book will be! What a treasure!!!