Monday, May 21, 2007

Love, Fish & Orange Flowers


Recently, I bought some big ole Prima flowers from a lady who sells scrapbooking supplies here in town. I LOVE these flowers! They come in this large round container that sorta looks like a paint can. The flowers come in 2 different sizes and in several colors. From my memory, the colors are brown, white-cream color, mustard yellow, brick red, dark turquoise, and...I think that's it. This is one way to really embellish your page. A lot of the times I think the page looks bare in places, so I stick flowers here and there and it really pulls everything together.


This is one idea I was inspired by. My eyes tell me there's something missing on this page and it's in the top left corner. Maybe a word stamped in black. This was a fun way to use my Stampin' Up! Fishy Friends stamps...and more circles!


With any art form, we experiment. I consider scrapbooking an art. (See, some of you who have had no luck in drawing a stick figure ARE, in fact, artists). Ha! (I cannot draw a stick figure real well either!) This was one of those pages where I kinda goofed. My intention was to stamp only the dark, solid flowers, but I accidently stamped a light flower. But I liked what it did so I just went crazy. Haha! So when you make mistakes, look to see what are the creative possibilities. And if there aren't, start fresh! There are so many pages I have thrown away (after first doing what I can to save of the picture(s) and paper). And you know what, that's ok!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: