Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Don't Settle

Just a little while ago I told my husband that I am having "scrapbooker's block." My desire to scrapbook is high, but my creativity level seems a bit low. And this has been going on the last couple of days. This doesn't make much sense to me since I have new paper and embellishments to play with and the upgrade to Photoshop. You would think those things alone would diminish any bad creativity.

It doesn't matter what style of scrapbooking you have, YOU need to do what YOU like! (Getting on my soap-box) Don't allow what someone else might think or say about your creations to influence HOW you scrapbook. Do what YOU like! The last couple of days I have been noticing that I have been having thoughts like, "You can't just put one picture on that page! You need more than one picture!" "You can't make *all* of the pictures black and white. You *have* to use color!" It's like my mind was trying to whip me into some scrapbooking "shape." But you know what? It doesn't matter what others think about what I create. *I* have to like what I make! So, for all who read this and type this (*cough*), make sure you are scrapbooking the way YOU like!! You are free! (Getting off my soap-box)

Be free!

No comments: