Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dyeing Flowers

I have some flowers that I'm not fond of because of the color. I saw an idea using black flowers. So to save money and to use what I already have, I decided to dye my own black flowers.


Here are the flowers before.




I put the flower over the stamp pad and rubbed my finger along the petals. I also rubbed the petal along the pad, but it works best with fingers.




I am typing this about 3 hours later and my fingers still look like this, even after washing real well with soap AND washing dishes! So...if you are doing to do this (especially with black ink) don't plan on going out for awhile. Haha!


Here are the flowers. My plan was to cover all of these in glitter, so I didn't care if they weren't totally covered with the black ink. These will take awhile to dry (sometimes even a day) so plan ahead. Or you can be like me and not wait long enough...but that can make a mess. Ha!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: