Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bulky Baby Blanket

Hello! I didn't mean to take so long to post again. I've been working on a design project, plus I've been knitting. Yesterday I finished the project pictured below after starting it two weeks ago. I don't think I've ever finished any knitting projects under two weeks (well, except for the ipod sock). This blanket was super easy and fun to knit! When I saw the project for the Bulky Baby Blanket by The Purl Bee, I knew I wanted to knit it and use the same colors they had shown for the project. The blanket is soft and it has a warm and slightly heavy feel to it, perfect for baby!



When I was taking pictures of it today I wanted to put something on top of the blanket for scale. My first thought was a cat, but we all know that cats never do what we want them to do, so I found a Hershey's kiss from a candy bowl on the counter. I set the kiss on the blanket (which you can hardly see) and started snapping photos. A few seconds later Tigger came over to check out the kiss...and there is my scale for size! Of course he's a big kitty, so I'm not sure if it's going to mean anything to you viewers. The last time I weighed Tig (years ago) he was 13 pounds. He's still probably right around that. I haven't witnessed the kitties laying on this blanket yet, but they have tried out all of my other yarn projects in the past. They all have passed the kitty nap test. *chuckle*





2 comments:

Jessica said...

Those colors are lovely! :) Looks so soft!

listgirl said...

This is beautiful, Christina! And Tigger checking it out is too cute! He makes the perfect scale!