Monday, August 27, 2007

When it all stops

There are days when I sit either at the computer or in front of a piece of paper and I have no idea what to create. I want to reflect the feelings that I see in the photographs before me, but I don't always know what to do. And that's when I'll go through the paper I have (if regular scrapbooking) and I'll see what colors match the pictures. And I'll take out a few sheets and then stare at them until I'm satisfied with one or two of them. (I'm still trying to figure out how to do this with digital).

Recently, I have been making a lot of pages digitally, but they are not a complete work of art. I have typed notes on the pages like, "use pink flower here" so I can remember what I had in mind. And then later I will write a list of what I want and see if I can find it online. Or maybe add those things later after the pages are printed.

So, the moral of the story is you can leave something blank until you know for sure what you want to do. Don't make the mistake of just doing something for the sake of getting it done. Make sure you really like it first and THEN do it. And if you stare at something for too long and you haven't even started yet, maybe you need to come back later or another day. Ha!

No comments: