Monday, May 5, 2008

Washington DC

A friend of mine (you know who you are--ha!) asked if I had any ideas for a scrapbook that she wants to make for her son. He recently went to Washington DC and New York for a class trip. I told her that I would be thinking about some ideas. One idea I thought of was to create a scrapbook with the same type of template throughout the scrapbook.

This is my idea:



This is two 12x12 pages, put together as on for demonstrative purposes. This is what it would look like in your album. The left page has the title and journaling of the particular event. I chose Arlington National Cemetery as my topic for these two pages. The left page also includes the photos that were more of a summary of what happened at this event, or they could be pictures that you like the most or whatever.

The right page is a "collage" of pictures which I have numbered and then have journaling to talk about what is in each picture. There doesn't have to be any journaling on this page, but only pictures. And it could be as many pictures as you wanted. I chose 6 and made them long vertically, but you can also do squares. **Creating Keepsakes magazines have a lot of great sketches of templates by Becky Higgins. That's where I got the idea for the right page.

This could be done all throughout the scrapbook. I think it's a really great way to portray the pictures, along with what happened on the trip. This is sort of what I am doing for my 2007 vacation pictures.
As far as supplies for scrapbooking a trip such as Washington DC, I would first look at my pictures and think about what I want to portray. I look at the colors that are in my pictures and decide what colored paper I want. I'm not very good at doing themed pages, but that's my personal preference...and it all depends on the page. Like for a 4th of July page I may not use any embellishments that have anything to do with the 4th, but I would use red, white, and blue colored paper and things...that's just me. I want to encourage you to use your scrapbooking style and create what YOU like! That's the most important thing! Sometimes I search online to see what kind of scrapbooking supplies they have for a particular theme. I get a lot of ideas from researching. I would also check out some scrapbooking galleries and see ideas of what others have done for that theme. And you can always ask me for more help or specifics! *smile*

P.S. It was super fun looking back through my personal photos of when I went to Washington DC when I was in 8th grade. I should scan the rest of them in and "play". My photography skills weren't the greatest back then, which made me laugh. As I was looking through the album I kept thinking, "Why did I take a picture of *that*??" Haha!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: