Friday, February 27, 2009

Here's another Ro Muse from Scrap Girls:

BU

I looked at the blog and heard a familiar voice of discontent whisper in my ear that the blog was proof that my life isn’t good enough. “You should be like that,” the voice said. “You’re boring. You’re messy. You’re wrong.”

I held my head in my hands and groaned. I was so weary of these feelings. “How do I get them to leave?” I wondered.

The response was short and to the point, “BU.”

“BU?” I asked, puzzled.

“Write it down,” came the instructions.

“BU,” I scrawled in my notebook.

“Not that way,” the whisper called. “Vertically.”

B

U

I stared at the stacked letters.

B

U

I said them out loud to make sure I was receiving the correct message.

B

U

“Be you,” I repeated. “Yes, I need to be me. That’s the answer. I just need to be me.”
It is a small and simple idea and yet it’s powerful. If you happen to be like me and sometimes feel like you are not enough, just remember this little thought. I think it will help.

B

U

- Ro

There seem to be so many who are afraid to be themselves. They compare themselves with others. They define their worth by what they do, how much they weigh, what they look or don't look like. I know for myself I wore masks for years, afraid to be myself, because I was so tired of hearing criticism from others. It was more safe to be the pretend me than the real me. Throughout the last few years I have come to know myself more and more. It's been a wild journey and each day I learn more and more about myself. Sometimes those around me don't like or accept the changes, but I still need to be true to myself. Sometimes they don't like the real me, but I'm not here to win a popularity contest. Being me is good enough.

No comments: