Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dream a little

Today I was cleaning the bathroom...ugh...and I was thinking about how when I was younger I never thought "I want to be a scrapbooker when I'm older". I never had this huge desire to go to college and have this big ole career. I'm not sure why. I guess everyone is different in that regard. I remember how scared I was when I was a senior in high school and everyone kept on asking me what I was going to do after high school. I didn't really *want* to go to college, but with a fantastic scholarship from my step-father's employer and the pressure from everyone around me, I went to college. It was a community college and I went for 2 years. I never got a degree. I thought I wanted a degree in psychology. But honestly, I didn't know what I wanted to be 'when I grew up'.

Now I know. I want to touch lives through scrapbooking and creating in general. I want to touch the lives of the women around me, whether it's in person or over cyberspace. I have seen lives change through scrapbooking. I see how scrapbooking/card-making has changed my own life. I have been blessed! Being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator has made it possible to touch lives, but I feel that's the tip of the iceburg. I have this huge desire to do more. I'm not sure what exactly it is I could do, but I have ideas. My husband has been encouraging me to write my ideas down. So this is part of my notes.

What do you dream about? What are you passionate about? God has given each and every one of us gifts...are we putting those gifts to full potential? Maybe it's just a matter of time.

Let's dream a little...I'd love to hear your dreams too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christina! What's with all of the difficult questions?! Lol...

Difficult, maybe at times, but so very important. Right now I am going through a HUGE "Why" phase... Why are you here? Where do you REALLY want to be? Why are you doing this?...

My mother gave me this CUTE mug from the company "Life is Good" for Mother's Day... the quote on it says "Do what you like, like what you do." Great, huh?! I told her, I better not take this to work with me or I may get inspired at the wrong moment and walk off of my job! Lol!

But I am striving to get to the point where I can do what I like and like what I do, AND be able to provide for my family as the best mother I can be. Only God knows how to make all of that happen, so I'll have to continue to lean on him. :-)

Thanks for keeping this fresh on our minds!