Sunday, February 13, 2011

Buttoned-up Hat

I've been having a nice, relaxing weekend. I needed it! Next week is going to be a busy week for me, so I'm getting as much rest that I can now. I was looking through my memory card on my camera yesterday and realized that I hadn't posted about another hat/gift that I knitted.

Remember this hat (first picture below) that I knitted for myself back in 2009? It's my favorite hat since I can put my ponytail through the button holes in the back. I use it all of the time. Unfortunately, when I washed this hat at my mom's house in December, the washer attacked it, but it still works. Good thing I have a back up hat that just needs some buttons.



And here's the pretty 'green apple' colored hat. I knitted the hat pretty fast, but what took so long to finish was finding the right size buttons. The first set of buttons I ordered through Etsy from China, but they were too big. And so I had to search some more. I didn't want the average, everyday kind of button. I wanted something unique, made out of dark wood. These buttons came through Etsy from Singapore. It was well worth the wait. The details are found here at Ravelry.


One of the things I like about this hat is that it's long enough so you can roll it up, but still have it cover your ears. I don't like when hats are too short and they don't cover my ears.

Well, I will continue with my relaxing weekend...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: