Thursday, May 12, 2011

Blanket Update + Slippers

Good morning! It's another gorgeous day here in Southeast Alaska. Today Ketchikan is going to have 4 cruise ships docking, so that means there will be an additional 8,000 people added to our population today. Whew!

Yesterday was my last day working at the coffee shop. It was getting challenging being on my feet like that for 6-7 hours. I will miss working there, I will miss [most of] the customers, but I definitely know I made the right choice to be finished now. My goal was June 1st, but because of some physical things from being pregnant, I decided it was time to stop. So now I will have a lot more time on my hands. I have some projects I want to start and finish with knitting, scrapbooking, recipes, etc. It will be a great time of relaxing the last 3 months of pregnancy!


I took this picture of the baby blanket some time last week. Since then I completed the lighter purple color and have added another color. I'm crusing along. I have an order I'm waiting for from Jimmy Bean Wool to start a new project. It's always so exciting!





And these are the long-awaited pictures of the slippers I knitted for a late Christmas gift for Quent. I wanted to take a picture of the slippers before felting (shrinking), but I never got around to that. They weren't my favorite project to knit, but I do like how they turned out and Quent really likes them. I hope they last a long, long time.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love your blanket! Those slippers are pretty sweet! They look nice and cozy! Matthew would probably love those.