Sunday, January 23, 2011

Knitted Gifts

For Christmas I knitted a few gifts.


The first gift was hat. Quent was my model for this picture. He said it was really comfortable. It was really stretchy and soft. I followed a pattern from a book called More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (which is my favorite knitting book so far!), but I had to make some adjustments to the pattern since I needed to make it bigger. It was a perfect fit, so I was really happy about that! You can look at the details more here on Ravelry (if you have an account there). It's free, if you don't!


Next was a pair of felted ballet slippers. I made these slippers for myself a few months ago, but I already wore through one of them. *sad face* I really like them and they are super fun to slide on with our Pergo flooring! We have a long hallway and it's fun to get a good running start and slide! Anyway... The person who was gifted with these asked if I could make some straps to help hold them on...so I need to consider making that. More details can be found here at Ravelry.


And lastly, I knitted this beautiful bulky lace scarf. I fell in love with the picture in the book (same book as above). I even used the exact yarn and color that was in the book. Super pretty yarn! It wasn't as soft as I would have liked. The pattern was really easy to follow. I completed the project in a day. I like it so much that I'm making an orange scarf for me, except with super soft yarn. I can't help it, I'm a yarn softy!

Yesterday I accomplished a lot of knitting on Quent's first slipper. It's hilariously huge! Felting will take care of that. I love watching the little projects take shape. Often I wonder how the pattern could possibly take you to the right finished product, but soon enough you begin to take the correct shape taking form and it's exciting. I'm hoping to completely finish the first slipper and start on the second one today while Quent is watching football.

I've also been looking at yarn colors for a baby blanket I want to make for our little Smith baby (due August 21st). I'm drawn to orange (obviously) and cream, but I want to throw some turquoise in there, too. We do want to find out the sex of the baby as soon as we can, but I think it's interesting that I'm more drawn to the 'boy' colors. I like bright pink though.... Hmmm... So I'm trying to think of neutral colors, but it's hard to do that. I know red is a color that can go either way, but I'm not fond of red. I know it doesn't really matter. Quent said that the baby isn't going to care. He's right! He said I should just do what I want. So I think I will... Speaking of which, we picked up some paint chip colors from the hardware store this morning. Would you like to guess the colors?

Have a great rest of your weekend!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslie said...

What great projects! That scarf especially looks so soft and warm. I've seen that book at the lys and it sounds like a great book to have on hand!

Winter said...

You are so talented! I LOVE that scarf! :)