Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Monthly Journal

Remember how I said I wanted to do monthly journal pages once Jeralyn turned a year old?  Well, I had these great intentions of doing so, but then time got away from me.  I absolutely loved doing the weekly journal because she changed SO much the first year, and literally each week she did new things and learned new skills--and I have it all captured in photos/words.  I'm SO thankful I kept up with it!  Well, a few months after she turned 1 year, I realized I hadn't done much as far as continuing with her journal, so I made myself sit down and type out what I could remember her doing since she turned a year old.  I'm SO glad I did!  And because we take a gazillion photos, it's easy to look back and see what she was doing.
 
I'm not sure how long I will do a monthly journal/scrapbook page...but my goal will be at least until her second birthday.  And then I will re-evaluate.  And I'm trying to make these pages as simple as possible.  I will use only ONE photo, which means I will pick my favorite photo of her from the month (this could be difficult) and use that as center stage for the page.  This is the first month:
 
 
 
I have a draft in my email account that I use to type my journal notes.  It started out as a list.  Last night I sat down and expounded upon the list, creating sentences and eventually one paragraph.  This is similar to what I did for her weekly journal.  It's a lot of reading, but hopefully one day she will appreciate it. 
 
Actually, the other day I let her look through her journal.  She was just having fun turning the pages, but she did notice things, like "kitty".  It's so cute to see her enjoying her baby album!
 
I also still plan to do a digital version of Project Life.  And then after that and monthly pages, I may not do too many separate scrapbook pages along with that.  I'm not sure.  I want to simplify, simplify, simplify because I don't have a LOT of time...but I need some time to be creative.  I was telling Quent that I don't feel like myself if I don't scrapbook.  Ha!  It's a very important outlet.  *wink*

No comments: