Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Joel's Baby Journal: Week 14

Hello!

Have you read the book The Fringe Hours?  It's one of my favorite books I've read about managing our time.  It's about using little spurts of time to do the things you enjoy (like scrapbooking or any hobby).  If we look at the whole entire project, we may feel overwhelmed, but if you can break the project down into little parts, you can more easily get things done.  It's 5 minutes here, 15 minutes there, and just breaking a project down into lots of little parts until you've completed it.  I've done that sort of thing for a long time and I've been able to get a lot of stuff done, which I'm very thankful for.  I find it's VERY important for me to be creative or to do something I really enjoy, like reading.  But if I don't find a few minutes here and there, I would never do those things.  I've done this with sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.  Sometimes it means spending 10 minutes transferring photos from my camera, or editing those photos, or searching for my next book, or casting the yarn onto my knitting needles.

Week 14:


No comments: