Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No. 8



After struggling through not feeling very creative today, I put together this page layout with pictures I took on my brother Jacob's birthday. Hopefully the creative juices flow some more because I have a stamping party to plan for. Ha!

I looked through the Creating Keepsakes March 2009 issue for the first time today. I really enjoyed the article by Ali Edwards. She talked about trouble spots in scrapbooking. The first one was: Thinking your project/story/photo has to be PERFECT. (cough) Honestly, I felt even more set free by that truth. There are some pictures from my trip that aren't "perfect" because of being blurred or other such things, but I still want to use them. I wish that the top left picture of Jacob would have turned out different, but I realized that I don't have to have it perfect to use it. There will be more imperfect pictures later...

I also really enjoyed what Ali said in Trouble Spot #3:

Comparing yourself to others
How often has your personal self-talk at a crop been negative? As you look around the room or at your neighbor's project [or blog], do you look down on your own work or feel like it is not "good enough"? Remind yourself: there's no right or wrong way to scrapbook!

*emphasis mine

Can I get an amen?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: