Saturday, July 31, 2010

Scrapbooking Pictures Part 1

Happy Saturday! Before I head to the hardware store to pick up another 5-gallon bucket of paint for the house, I thought I would blog since I haven't done it since Monday. Ooops! I'm adjusting to having quite a different schedule because of working at the coffee shoppe. I come home after 6 hours and I feel exhausted, but it feels good because I know I've worked! So I'm trying to find balance with everything right now. I haven't been creating much, but I have been knitting because it's just so relaxing to me. There's a lot going on right now.

I mentioned in one of my last posts that I finished our 2009 vacation album and it will be printed through Shutterfly. I think I want to dedicate a few posts to scrapbooking pictures in a very simple form...through collage. There are times (believe it or not) that I like to keep my pages simple because I want the pictures alone to express the turn of events. That's how I feel about the page below. They were pictures taken at a tea house in Lake Louise and I wanted the pictures to stand alone. I did put a few embellishments above the journaling just to tie it together. One of the reason I created the Travel Along kit was because I wanted some simple embellishments and shapes to work with that go along with traveling.




I love the palette of colors!

P.S. Working at the coffee shoppe has been fun, but also quite challenging. I am learning more about coffee than I ever though I would know. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but if I do drink it I like it [really] sweet and without caffeine. I'm enjoying getting out of the house, meeting new people, and working.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: