Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day

This is a little late...  I feel so very blessed to be a mother.  It was something I desired since shortly after we married, but especially in all of the 7 years we were waiting for our baby.  And the hardest times during those years was when I had to face the issue of not being a mother, like on Mother's Day.  Years ago I vowed I would never go to church on Mother's Day again until I had a child.  It was just too heartbreaking.  (Ok, this is extremely hard to open up like this, but I'm doing it anyway).  We went to a church that honored all of the mothers with a gift on Mother's Day.  It was really sweet, but when all of the mothers get to stand and you are still sitting, that breaks your heart!  I found myself in the bathroom in a stall crying.  And when I came out of the stall there were 5-6 women there to embrace me and encourage me.  I will never forget that day.  And it was the last Sunday I found myself in church on Mother's Day, until this one.  So you can imagine how glorious it felt to be standing there with my baby girl, to be honored as a mother with a gift of a rose and chocolate.  Ha!  It's not about the gifts, it's about the gift that God blessed me with, my little Jeralyn.  My heart is overflowing with joy!  She fills my life with sunshine (and there's a LOT of cloudy days in Southeast Alaska).



And I was so thankful to celebrate this Mother's Day knowing that a small group of friends, who have also been waiting to have a baby, all have their babies now!  God is so good!

No comments: