Thursday, January 29, 2009

For my dear Alaskans...and those in Hawaii

I am so thankful for the Creating Keepsakes magazine, but I'm not very excited about the amount of money they charge for shipping for Alaska/Hawaii for their special issues you can buy directly from their site.

So, if you live in one of these beautiful states and you are thinking about purchasing something directly from CK...DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do, you will want to cry when you see how much they charge you for shipping (arm and leg).

And maybe, just maybe they'll update their website so you can actually SEE how much shipping will be before making your final purchase. And if that happens you will see just how quickly you can fling your mouse arrow over to the big red X to close the gigantic shipping cost stinging your eyes.

Ok, I've had my say...

Anyway...

Wait, before I go I just have to say this (can you tell I'm a bit annoyed?): Alaska is a state. It may look like it's part of Canada and even Russia, but it's really part of the United States of America. I know sometimes we forget because it's like way over in the corner on all of the maps (some people actually think that Alaska is south of California...seriously!!) along with Hawaii. And...Alaska has post offices. It's amazing really. Like anyone can send packages to us here in Alaska. Thankfully our sled dogs know the route to the igloo post office building. *annoyed face* Oh wait, I hear my polar bear playing with the cats...gotta go!

1 comment:

Debi said...

I know exactly what you mean. The Indians here in Nebraska are just ruthless, I tell ya! Oh, and the heards of buffalo...don't get me going. ;>