Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Joy


Today I saw Ali's post about yellow and oh how I really like yellow right now. Last year it was orange, and I believe this year it's yellow. Who would have thought? Maybe 2010 will be the year of purple? *chuckling*

The digital elements on this page are the clock and journaling. These pictures were printed last night with a whole other idea in mind, but when I saw Ali's post this morning I knew I had to change my plan.

I cut the heart shape (good thing my first grade teacher taught us how to make heart shapes by folding the paper in half...whew!) and cut the pictures/paper to fit inside the heart.

The scallops around the heart are just punched 1-inch circles (SU! punch) and stuck onto the back of the heart. The scallop is made from some new SU paper that I'm very much enjoying. It's the bronze metallic paper that's in the Taste of Textiles paper pack. The clock arms were also made from that paper. I painted yellow on some textured white cardstock and later stamped a polka-dot stamp on the dried yellow paint with SU More Mustard (I think this is like the first time in years I've used this color--purely Ali's idea).

I also put glitter around the heart. It's a bronze colored glitter by Doodlebug.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: