Sunday, January 25, 2009

Winter Wonderland-Hybrid


This is what was created in Photoshop. I resized it to print on an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of photo paper. It was at this point when I realized how nice it would be to have a 12x12 printer...but one must do the best with what they have.


I found that cutting out the scalloped circle was a challenge.

When I was distressing the sides of the green cardstock paper I remembered how much I love to touch and feel the paper. Hybrid scrapbooking seems ideal for me. We shall see what this week's hybrid challenge does.

After doing so much digital scrapbooking, I have to say it's hard to come back to traditional only because traditional scrapbooking doesn't let you just hit the delete key. One thing I LOVE about digital scrapbooking is fonts and titles. So if I include the journaling and title right on my printed parts, then I'll be set in that area. This has definitely been a challenge.


Rhinestone centers were added to each of the snowflakes. I also stamped a couple of flourishes (SU! Boroque Motifs (sp?)) behind the circle.
Edit: I forgot to mention that this page idea came from Michelle and Jana.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debi said...

I agree. Journaling is always a challenge, especially when writing with my own hand.