Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunday Card



I found this really neat tutorial on Mel's blog. I made the card yesterday. I don't have Hodge Podge (yet), so I used some all-purpose Elmer's glue. It may be called "Glue-all" I don't remember and I'm too lazy to get up to look (excuses, excuses!). The whole time I was making this card I was thinking of my friend Katrina (*waving*). This card has texture. I did a lot of sanding on it and I think next time I should wear some safety goggles because I think I got some dust in my eye and it's irritating it. Ooops! My husband nicely suggested that maybe I should use his raquetball goggles. Haha!

What I did:

1. Spread glue around on Kiwi Kiss paper using a paintbrush.
2. Crumbled up wax paper, reopened it and pressed it onto glued paper.
3. Put more glue on and brushed it around for an even layer.
4. Put patterned paper on and brushed glue all over that.
5. Let dry, forever and ever (I'm not sure how long it took) AND cleaned my brush.
6. Ran it through the Big Shot in the swirls Cuttlebug folder.
7. Sanded the swirls.
8. Inked embossed swirls with Close to Cocoa ink; wiped excess ink off.
9. Sanded again
10. Inked with Kiwi Kiss ink; wiped off excess
11. Sanded again
12. Inked with Baja Breeze; wiped off excess ink
13. Sanded swirls for the last time
14. Sanded the edges (distress everything!)
15. Adhered ribbon bow.
16. Made birthday tag, distressed it and adhered it to card.
17. Added bright pink flower with rhinestone brad. (I love how the pink pops out)
18. Added the whole thing to a card base since this was just a one sheet deal.

This technique just might show up at one of my club workshops.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: